Security is a key consideration for Med Tech companies looking for a CRM (customer relationship management).
The secure handling of sensitive information such as patient records and proprietary data is of the utmost importance for these businesses and a CRM platform must be able to ensure the security of such information through a variety of measures, including:
- Role-based access controls (RBAC)- By restricting access to sensitive information to specific roles within an organization, Med Tech companies can ensure that sensitive information is only accessed by authorized personnel.
Coupled with access management tools such auditing software that captures and stores log-in attempts, field changes, and the like, RBAC serves as the foundation of a secure data environment.
- Data encryption- The encryption of sensitive information ensures the protection of that information from unauthorized access and data breaches.
There are various encryption methodologies and standards but for Med Tech companies, it is essential that all data is encrypted both in-transit and at-rest.
- HIPAA compliance- A CRM paltform that is compliant with all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations can give medical technology companies confidence that they are meeting their legal and ethical obligations.
Few CRMs are natively HIPAA-compliant, so the ones that are become easy choices for companies in Med Tech.
5 questions you should ask every CRM vendor about security
The following five questions can help you determine whether a CRM vendor can meet your security standards.
- Is data managed within the CRM platform encrypted in-transit and at-rest?
- Does the CRM system support advanced security features such as field-level security and role-based access controls?
- Is the CRM HIPAA compliant?
- Are customizations such as form field changes user-configurable? Can you create custom Apps / Objects? Can you customize stages for your unique workflows?
- Is the CRM platform integration-friendly? Does it have an open API?
FreeAgent CRM is the right choice for Med Tech
At FreeAgent, we know firsthand the challenges that Med Tech companies face when looking for a CRM. As a natively HIPAA-compliant CRM platform, we not only know what Med Tech companies need, we know how to help them achieve it.
If you’re interested in learning more, we recommend these powerful success stories:
ImaginAb multiplies sales activities / per day with FreeAgent CRM
Faster cycle times and exponential q/q sales-growth at Stratus Medical
For additional information on finding the right CRM for your company, our CRM Buyer’s Guide for Med Tech is an excellent resource.
Try FreeAgent today, for free, and start having workdays full of impact.